Yuup COVID-19 statement
Updated Tuesday 23 February 2021
The safety of our customers and hosts is very important to us.
Following announcement by the UK government yesterday evening of the roadmap to ease COVID-19 restrictions in England we have started to put plans in place to help our hosts return to normal trading.
Yuup is very much open for business
We are committed to supporting our hosts and continuing to enable our customers to discover, book and gift local experiences. We will be working closely with our hosts to help them resume experience hosting just as soon as they wish to do so following the roadmap milestone relevant to their business activity and the nature of the experiences they offer on Yuup:
- 8 March - recreation or exercise outdoors with household or one other person. No household mixing indoors.
- 29 March - outdoor gatherings of either six people or two households will be allowed, outdoor sports facilities will reopen and organised sport will return. Organised outdoor sport permitted. No household mixing indoors.
- 12 April - outdoor hospitality and outdoor attractions such as zoos and theme parks reopen. No household mixing indoors.
- 17 May - the rule of six abolished for outdoor gatherings, replaced with a limit of 30 people. Two households can mix indoors - with the rule of six applied in hospitality settings. Organised indoor sport permitted.
- 21 June - all legal limits on social contact removed, with the final closed sectors of the economy reopened.
All roadmap milestones are subject to ongoing review by the government and therefore Yuup's plans may need to evolve over time.
Can I make a new experience booking?
Yes, absolutely. Any experience can be booked on a gift /schedule later basis, and some experiences can be booked with a confirmed date provided that date is after the relevant roadmap milestone date above.
What does this mean for existing experience bookings?
Customers with open bookings, either purchased on a schedule later basis or those that had to be postponed due to Covid, will receive email notification just as soon as your host starts to add new dates to the platform. We expect this process to start this week, but with some hosts only adding dates once they re-open their businesses as determined by the roadmap milestones.
You can also opt for a refund if you wish (this will apply regardless of whether the cancellation period is open or not).
We actively encourage you - if possible and is within your means, to keep your experience booking (rather than requesting a refund). This is a tough time for many people and every booking for our hosts - regardless of when this takes place, will play a part in helping our local businesses to survive this challenging time and help them bounce back when we are able to visit them in person again.
If you do wish to cancel your booking completely, this can be done via your account. If you have any queries regarding your order please contact us.
Given the evolving nature of the situation we will continue to monitor government guidelines and update our policy and practices as appropriate.
Please contact us with any specific questions regarding how Yuup and our experience hosts are working together during the Covid-19 pandemic. We are always happy to discuss any specific concerns that you may have.